Product development involves a dedicated team of engineering, quality, purchasing, manufacturing, and marketing specialists.
- Full HVAC system development
- Sheet metal
- Plastics and composites
- Advanced electronic and climate controls
- Heat exchangers
- Piping and hose coupling
- Air distribution and ducting
Working with diverse design criteria requires the latest engineering tools. These include:
- PTC Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER) suite for CAD/CAM/SAE modelling, finite element analysis, and prototyping.
- CFdesign, which turns each MCAD workstation into a fully interactive fluid-flow bench and thermal test rig. We use it to simulate and optimise the design, placement, and performance of blowers, fans, compressors, heat exchangers, and other components.
- KULI software to calculate heat loads on components and optimise thermal management.
- Fortus 440mc 3D production system to deliver fast, accurate, durable prototypes and production-grade parts out of high-performance thermoplastics.
Red Dot’s proprietary heat load and system prediction software helps us compute and analyse steady-state heat loads for ambient and desired cab conditions. This in turn allows us to calculate heat loads and size system components appropriately.
Advanced Engineering & Testing
Red Dot’s Advanced Engineering and Test Group in Seattle operates one of the most sophisticated research and test facilities in the industry.