Red Dot’s Advanced Engineering and Test group in Seattle delivers the highest level of expertise in heavy-duty mobile HVAC.
In addition to evaluating Red Dot concepts and products, the H.G. Runnings Technical Centre is available for independent research and product validation.
- Full-vehicle environmental chamber: At 48 feet long, 18 feet high, and 18 feet wide, the environmental chamber is big enough to accommodate a full-sized truck, loader, or other heavy vehicle. The chamber can produce an air temperature range of -20 F to 140 F with relative humidity from 20% to 95%.
- HVAC systems calorimeter: Provides precise simulation of a wide range of under-hood and in-cab conditions.
- Vibration test cell: Our LDS V875-640 Electrodynamics Shaker is used for testing components, subassemblies, and complete heater and A/C systems.
- Blower test cell: For prolonged evaluation of fans and blower motors to validate stated hour ratings and standards for reliability, quality, and performance.
- Acoustic test lab: Decibel levels and frequencies generated by blower motors and other components can be used to assure that products meet customer standards for Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH).
- Electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI) test lab: Measures radiated and conducted electronic emissions and potential interference inside the cab. Used to pre-qualify product designs for MIL-STD-461E and commercial standards.
- European Facility: Red Dot Europe’s Calorimeter chamber has been custom built to enable extensive performance testing of HVAC systems as well as the components within the systems. Split into two separate rooms it can simulate both in-cab and under bonnet conditions so a full system can be accurately assessed prior to fitment to the vehicle. This means that our customers’ HVAC systems can be subjected to rigorous tests and is an invaluable engineering tool for the final stages of designing the system. Along with our experience, this means that we can develop test processes that are tailored to suit our customers’ needs and so provide cost effective solutions.